POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Marshland Morning II (WIP) : Re: Marshland Morning II (WIP) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Marshland Morning II (WIP)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Dec 2005 03:13:04
Message: <43a12590@news.povray.org>
"Joanne Simpson" <cor### [at] onewhiteravencom> schreef in bericht
> Annoying isn't it, how 40 hours into a 60 hour render you realise that the
> tree trunks are floating an inch off the ground...
> Getting there. Not entirely happy with the lighting, so now working on an
> HDR version (should also render quicker).

This is taking shape very nicely. The atmosphere and the shape of the trees
are excellent. Some comments though, most of them I am sure you are already
aware of.

The waterplants and their texture are too obviously identical. Vary the
texture and - at least - rotate the plants so that the similarity becomes
less obvious.

I am not sure about the standing water in the foreground. The sandy bottom
shines through but the water surface has no apparent structure. The result
is that one does not know what one is seeing really: dry sand? wet sand?
thin water film? Especially also because some of the waterplants appear to
be under the surface...

The bark of the tree in the left foreground looks too flat. A strong normal
would be indicated here, or an isosurface trunk/bark

The reeds are a little *mechanical*. Again, some variation/randomization in
shape, position, curvature, clumping, would be better.

However... this is going to be a great picture!

Thomas